I have a user interface in which I collect user feedback with the help of two simple icons that lie beneath the rated thing. (US users only, so do not be afraid that all countries are shocking.)
- At launch, the thumbs in the air and thumbs down are not selected and are gray.
- When a user selects thumbs up, the icon turns green.
- When a user selects the thumb down, the icon turns red.
- Feedback is not required (that is, the user can go to the next screen without giving an evaluation).
My question is: What is the best practice for deleting selected content excluding each other? Do I have to allow the user to delete the selected content by:
- Click again on a selected icon to erase the color?
- Surface with a dedicated "Delete" button?
- Something else?
Also looking to provide accessibility here, which I am not an expert. Thank you in advance.