Can a South Korean citizen visiting Canada travel to the United States?

My South Korean friend visits me in Canada (she is not a Canadian citizen). Is it possible for her to obtain an ESTA (Electronic Travel Authorization System) while in Canada, then travel to the United States with me across the border?