I’m developing a system that makes products available for sale to employees of different companies now, I’m wanting to insert a new feature that is the creation of rules and policies for the purchase of products, but I don’t know how to implement the database to support these rules and policies so it’s not too complex to implement these rules and policies when listing products to employees via my API.
Product rules are rules for purchasing the product, for example:
- Employee must be over 21 years old
- The maximum value to purchase the product must be 100 USD (the value of some products can be chosen by the employee).
Product policies are created by company managers, for example:
- The employee must be in the company for at least 1 year
- The employee must receive at least 3000 USD per month
- Only employees with position x can buy the product
If the employee does not fit any of the product’s rules or policies, they will not see that product being listed for them.
- The api is being developed with aspnet
- I’m using sqlserver as a database
All entities mentioned above have their respective tables in the bank, such as product, company, employee and etc.
If more information is needed, I will update the post.