If you use Windows XP, you can easily take advantage of the many unique features provided by Microsoft. You can easily set an administrator password on your computer to protect your data from unwanted access. But many users are facing problems when they forgot the Windows XP password. You can easily reset your Windows XP password if you have forgotten it in different ways. If you do not know how to reset your computer, read this article and follow the methods described.
Have you forgotten your Windows XP password? Then follow the steps below:
Method # 1: Reset Using Safe Mode
Safe mode is one of the effective methods to reset your Windows XP password. For this you can follow the steps below:
· Restart your computer and press the F8 key until your computer has finished booting.
· Select safe mode with a command prompt.
· You have now entered safe mode successfully, and then go to Control Panel.
· Tap on the user account, and then choose Change Account.
· Then follow the instructions on the screen to complete the procedure.
Method 2: Reset the password using the command prompt
The command prompt is another method to reset your password in Windows XP. Follow the instructions below to reset the password:
· First, press the Windows + R key at the same time, then the Run dialog box will open.
· Now type CMD in the execution box and press the Enter key.
· After that, type net user [account name] [new password] under the type of command.
· You must now clear the previous password and enter a new password for Windows XP.