international travel – hasty passport – is my reason eligible?

Assuming you are a Canadian citizen, enjoy an emergency, urgent, emergency passport service on weekends and holidays in Canada:

We offer urgent and express passport services in certain locations in Canada. To find out if you can use these services, you must apply in person.

You must provide proof of travel for an urgent service. You may also need to provide it for express service.

The proof of travel can be:

• a plane, bus or train ticket

• a written declaration, if you are traveling by car

• a travel itinerary with proof of payment of the trip

• proof of illness or death in the family requiring immediate travel

Depending on the reason for your trip, you may need to provide additional proof of the urgency of your situation.

We will not be liable for losses if we can not issue the passport in time for a trip to you or your child. We recommend that you do not finalize your travel plans until you have obtained your passport.

If you are traveling by car, it seems that they will accept a statement stating your intention to do so. They do not really care about why you want to travel, but simply evidence that your trip is imminent. But proof is strictly required only for an urgent service (1-2 business days) and may not be for express service (2-9 business days).