I installed a firewall (AFWall +) on my phone and manually added to the whitelist all the applications I wanted to allow access to the Internet, including system applications. So, everything is blocked by default, and I add applications to the whitelist as needed until what I need works and nothing more.
I just discovered apps in the whitelist that I never have myself and do not even remember having seen it before. These are:
- "Intent Filter Verification Service"
- "Market Information Officer"
- "Print service recommendation service"
- "Google Partner Setup"
From what I can see, they come from Google, although I do not know exactly what they do (with the exception of the feedback agent).
How could this happen?
- Device: Samsung Galaxy S5 Duo (SM-G900FD)
- Operating System: LineageOS 14.1
- Android version: 7.1.2
- The phone is rooted with SuperSU.