This is my first post and I am based in Queensland Australia. I am looking to develop a website for my business. I have a lot of trouble finding a developer capable of providing the complete product. In the last 2 years, I've lost almost 15,000 km because the developer was not able to complete the task. One of my developers insisted that WordPress was the way to go. He was not able to complete the job. I hired another developer who insisted that PHP and Codeigniter were the best way to create my website, but for various reasons the site did not talk to each other which resulted in errors.
So now, I'm in a position where I do not know how to proceed. I have no idea or a limited idea about web development. I therefore hope you can help me by giving me advice on the best platform to achieve what I want.
I'm trying to create an online platform that will have the following features.
1. A member section where people can register to use the functions of the website with a back office where they can update the details. The ability to have a basic company profile that will display the office locations and a map. If the company wants to create and publish ads after the publication of job offers, it will have to buy / upgrade its subscription.
2. A list page, in which members can advertise their services and display them in a list such as (https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/browse/?q=web%20developer). Also a messaging system like (eBay.com)
3. A search bar that allows the end user to search for relevant services with search filters. The search filters include price, location, nearby areas and zip code.
4. Administrative Panel where I can monitor what's going on, have full control over the publications with Analytics
5. User Forum
6. Calendar of events, where people can see what events are happening, where and where. The option of adding the event to their calendar would be great. Something like (https://www.eventbrite.com.au/d/australia–belrose/events/?q=&loc=Belrose%2C%20Australia&date=)
7. Job offers and ability to make contact
So, basically, if someone who wants to advertise for their services will have to sign up. End users will not be required to register as they will be seeking services.
This has been going on for almost two years and I am determined to carry out this project, which will benefit the community.
What I'm looking for is advice on the best language or the best code to achieve it. I am happy to explore the international developers able to develop this website. So if you can make recommendations, that would be greatly appreciated.