I seem to have a problem configuring SSL on an app on a subdomain, only that I don’t know how to fix them:
- I have a web app running on http://mysub.domain.com:9000
- This url is the admin dashboard of the app
- This app shoots email with public facing URLs like http://mysub.domain.com:9000/xxx/xxx/xxx (which lead to an action within my app)
- The mysub.domain.com is SSL enabled and loads with SSL but the moment the port (9000) is added it returns error page and I only have access to it via http
- The problem : 1 – port is visible to public and 2 – the URL shows insecure (when clicked by users it opens with port)
- The solution required : 1 – port to be removed without the action of the URL to be impacted and the same URL needs to be served on SSL
I have linux 18/postgres 12 and apache (webserver) + nginx (reverse proxy) running on my server.
Any help is appreciated. Pls also help with the name of the file to be edited.