What is NIFT?
Budding fashion designers want to enter the NIFT (National Institute of Fashion Technologies). There are 16 NIFTs in India. These institutes offer 4-year B.Des programs and 2-year M.Des programs in various specializations, including fashion design and fashion technology.
There are two stages to the examination:
Step 1 – NIFT Written Test (GAT + CAT)
Step 2 – NIFT Situation Test
What happens in the NIFT Written Test?
The GAT (General Ability Test) has a defined program including quantitative ability, communication skills, English, analytical skills, general knowledge and current affairs. The GAT tests candidates for their logical, analytical, awareness and communication skills. It is after the GAT that the CAT takes place.
Sections Number of questions
English understanding 25
Quantitative capacity 20
Communication capacity 25
Ability to analyze 15
General Knowledge and News 15
The Creative Capacity Test (CAT) varies each year. It's unconventional and puts the candidate's artistic and creative abilities to the test. Aspirants must demonstrate a good understanding of colors, their creativity and their ability to communicate through drawings.
This is only after the candidate has passed the written test, is he allowed to pass the situation test. As a general rule, for each available seat, 5 candidates will be called for the situation test.
What happens in the NIFT situation test?
During the situation test, the candidate will receive materials and topics. They have to use the material to find something that suits the subject.
The purpose of the situation test is to see how the candidate can think autonomously and make optimal use of the media provided. After that, the candidate must also provide a presentation explaining his project, which must be written in English.
How to prepare for NIFT (written test) in 2 weeks
With the main objective that you would have given to your board exams, you may not have had the time to prepare for the entries.
Now that you're focusing on NIFT, you need to make sure you cover all aspects of CAT & GAT. You have to do a lot in 2 weeks, so every day counts.
Concentrate less on mathematics and English because you will be aware of the fundamentals you have addressed in the lower classes
Spend time thinking, solving puzzles and common business
Try as many simulations as possible
Make sure you understand your drawing techniques – drawing / painting / doodling
Get professional feedback on your drawings – this will help you get more perspective on your work.
Two weeks from the end, DQ Edge will be a good option because it has an intuitive interface that will tell you the areas in which to study.
The following tips help you solve NIFT in 2 weeks:
1) Refer to the DQ Edge – Plus study material for just two weeks, use the NIFT study material available on DQ Edge, start with a fictional test. Once you're done, the platform will tell you what to study next. Just follow this and you will find that your scores will improve by 45%. Dq Edge would have helped you to focus on relevant topics.
2) Attend marathon classes online – You do not have the luxury of spending time and it is best not to waste your time traveling. Take marathon lessons at home. Online webinars are organized by DQ Labs for those who need to know everything at the 11th hour.
3) Accurate timing – The time constraint is unimaginable, resulting in a lot of pressure. The only way to remedy this situation is to plan a strict schedule and respect it. There are students working 12 hours a day. Assign hours of the day to different topics and parts that will appear on the exam. Make a point to browse all that you have studied for the day, revision is essential.
4) Read the news – News is as important as static gk. Browse all the events of the past year. Meetings, sports, awards, nominations, bureau chiefs and obituaries. You will find that the success of the competition, the Manorama directory, the website Leadthecompetition provide reliable information because they have credible sources. Travel them again and again as it is about theoretical knowledge that you are supposed to keep.
5) Follow fashion – Learn more about the industry by keeping up to date with new designers and their creations. this applies to Bollywood and Hollywood. You will find that renowned fashion bloggers / stylists are the backbone of the industry. Follow them to follow the trends.
6) For drawing – The creative aptitude test examines your creativity, get a perspective on many drawings. Understand the concepts of art, and do not take this part lightly, it accounts for 50% of the exam. When you stop to study, take the time to draw and work with the colors, ask experts to review it and tell you how to improve if possible. Graduates of prestigious institutes such as IIT, NIFT and NID, DQ Lab mentors will have constructive criticism to offer.
6) Practicing false papers – False papers are very important. Once the student has found all the affordable subjects, he must try to try them. False papers help the student to mentally prepare for the exam, they also help him cope with time constraints. Coaching centers, such as DQ Labs, collect information on previous articles and structure similar articles that students can use. DQ Edge is an online platform where they provide forged papers as well as questions relating to previous years. The test platform analyzes the strengths and weaknesses of the user by proposing problems that you can work on.
7) Pay attention to details – It is important to have an eye for the details in the exams. In order for your work to stand out among the tens of thousands, you need to take the time to include creative details in your project. Examiners assign marks accordingly. Work on your shading and drawing skills, explore what makes you feel uncomfortable or in which you are not good at improving it.
8) Be versatile – The courses offered by colleges have many practical projects. They test your handling skills to see if you can think independently. To be versatile, you have to work with different materials like paper, clay and origami. DQ labs takes classes in materials handling by offering students to work with and encourage different materials and tools. Mentors ensure that this session remains interactive and productive, allowing students to think independently and effectively produce the desired results. the situation test.
9) SWOT – This is a highly recommended study method. Strength, weakness, opportunities and threats. With a short time, you need to quickly analyze your strengths and weaknesses and work accordingly. This is where DQ Edge is handy, the online test platform quickly analyzes your strength and weakness, and tells you which portions you can work on, giving you a good head start.
10) Do not worry – make sure to stay calm. Being stressed unnecessarily can waste time. So, always work smart and do not be stressed. Follow a strict schedule and take small breaks to keep your knowledge. The exam is easy to crack if you are prepared and mind directed, talk to people who have broken the exam during your free time, make sure you get their opinion.
For more articles, visit: https://edge.dqlabs.in/articles