I work in a WebDev company where we encounter the following problems:
- The plugin does not work properly with other plugins already installed.
- Things that do not work as expected, this usually happens because we can not spend too much time looking for what a plugin does.
- Bugs encountered while using certain features.
For example: I was trying to implement WebP for one of our clients, having had difficulties with the plugin of our choice due to bugs in the main functions, I have it finally run after implementing some changes in the plugin. Then, discover that the caching plug-in used by the website (and many other client websites from us) does not support the dynamic feature that detects whether a browser even supports WebP or not.
I am not trying to get an answer to the problem described in the last paragraph, but I would like to know:
- How do you approach the problem of working with plugins in general, working with multiple plugins and their malfunctions when combining them.
- When do you decide to create the feature yourself instead of using a plugin.