I will be travelling to Bangalore from Pondicherry by road next week due to essential reasons. As per the latest SOP by KA government, interstate travellers will have to go through 14 day home quarantine.
The problem is I don’t have a home in Bangalore which makes home quarantine impossible. I want to avoid staying in any friends/relatives place as it might put them in risk of infection.
The SOP in page 6 says that,
For persons where home Quarantine is not possible, then institutional Quarantine
should be done especially when there is:
- Large family or no separate room for home Quarantine
- Slum or overcrowded areas where home quarantine cannot be followed
However, there is no specific details about places, facilities and charges for institutional quarantine.
I want to know:
- If I can choose any place (E.g. a hotel) for institutional quarantine. I can pay the charges for boarding and food.
- If answer to question 1 is No, will the government provide me a approved list of places from which I can choose? I can’t find any reliable list of these places online. I am looking for a 4+ star hotel facility for quarantine.
- Recent experiences (within last 10 days) of people going through institutional quarantine in Bangalore. Even links where I can read about such experiences will be quite helpful.