visas – UK – EEA Family permit refusal for mother due not enough dependency

I’m hoping to get some answers here. It’s quiet of a long story but I hope you have time.

I am a German citizen living in the UK with a granted settlement status. My mother lives in Germany and we went to Calais/France border to get interviewed there and the visa stamp as it is quicker and my lawyer told me to do it that way.

I have applied for an EEA family permit for my mother as an dependent direct family member of an EEA national (me) to accompany me in the United Kingdom.

Unfortunately we got refused and the reason was: „there was not enough dependency proved“.

I lived with my mother before I moved out and I always gave her cash in hand (for rent and her expenses) because why would I transfer money to someone I live with if I can just give it to them cash. She always takes out the money anyways. So there is no way to provide proof of that.

I said that I am self sufficient and also due to corona there was not enough work for me and I therefore did not have enough income (around 1,2k monthly usually I get over 2K) but I was still sending her money after I moved out. I was sending money for over 7 months but the home office said it’s not enough dependency.

So we applied AGAIN for an EEA Family permit but online this time and with the same documents I proved in Calais/France border.
We went to the visa application center in Germany and after the decision came, we received the same refusal. Again saying not enough dependency provided.

Here is the refusal:

In assessing your individual application, it has not been necessary to interview you, but I have taken account of:

-the personal circumstances as declared by you on your application form,
-your passport,
-your family circumstances and
-the supporting documents you provided.

I have used all the information provided by you to determine if the requirements of the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2016 have been met. In reaching my decision, which has been made on the balance of probabilities, I note the following points:

The Decision

You state that your sponsor is a German national.
You have provided evidence that your
sponsor holds a German passport.

I acknowledge all the supporting documents you have provided including the letter from your lawyer.

I note that this letter states, and is corroborated by the stamps in your passport, that you were refused entry to the UK through Calais on the XX.XX.XXXX. It also states the Immigration Officer made an incorrect assessment of your relationship and dependency on your sponsor, however they have failed to fully explain what constituted an incorrect decision, given they themselves state you were given ample time to provide all the appropriate information at the point of entry.
They stated that you were questioned intensely with an interpreter which is contrary to your best interests, however given you speak a language other than English the Officers are only able to make an assessment of your circumstances once they are able to obtain all the information. It is your responsibility to demonstrate that you meet the regulations in order to qualify for entry to the UK.

You state that you are financially reliant on your sponsor to meet your essential living needs. Additionally, you state that you receive £150 monthly from your sponsor. For this office to establish your dependency, we must be satisfied that you require financial support from your EEA national sponsor to meet your essential living needs.
In support of this, you have provided 4 money transfer remittance receipts dated between 19 September 2020 and 14 December 2020 to you, though there is nothing to show who the funds have been sent from.
I also note you have provided a bank statement in your sponsor’s name from XXXXXX Bank – account ending XXX. I note the transactions in this account however I am unable to equate any of the funds to you and your support. I note you have also provided a tenancy agreement in your name and that of your sponsor as well as letters to you both with that address, however the tenancy agreement is undated and so I am unable to establish when this was signed and when it relates to, and if it genuinely relates to Accommodation you share. You state your sponsor is self-sufficient however there is insufficient evidence to demonstrate her circumstances and what funds she has. Given the information provided I am not satisfied she has the means to support you as well as herself. Further to this there is nothing to show that your sponsor is the one providing this accommodation. I note hat on previous applications you have made to travel to the UK you have mentioned numerous other family members who reside there which also causes me to question whether you are reliant on this sponsor for your essential living needs or if you are reliant on others.

This office would expect to see evidence which fully details yours and your family’s circumstances. Your income, expenditure and evidence of your financial position which would prove that without the financial support of your sponsor your essential living needs could not be met. The fact of transferring money is not evidence that it is needed by the recipient. Unfortunately, this limited amount of evidence does not prove that you are financially dependent on your sponsor.

IN addition to the above you state you met the requirements because you both hold European Health Insurance cards, however the regulations state that these are only valid for a temporary stay in the UK. Your application states that you intend to settle and so the Immigration Officer would have noted that you had insufficient insurance for your settlement in the UK given your sponsor is stated to be self-sufficient. Given this and the above there is a concern that you will become a burden on the public funds system of the United Kingdom.

On the evidence submitted in support of your application and on the balance of probability I am not satisfied you are related as claimed, or dependent on your sponsor.

I am therefore not satisfied that you are a dependent direct family member in accordance with Regulation(s) 7(1) of the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2016.

I therefore refuse your EEA Family Permit application because I am not satisfied that you meet all of the requirements of regulation 12 (see ECGs EUN2.23) of the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2016.

the funny thing is:

  1. I sent her more than 150€ a month 

  2. I was going to Germany visiting her every 1-2 months and was giving her cash in hand again

  3. I have NHS in the UK (only my mom has insurance in Germany)

  4. I can clearly support myself with the income I have

  5. And my mother too

  6. If I wasn’t able to support myself I would be claiming benefits right now which I am not

  7. the immigration rules/law says I refer to the Home Office Guidance on “EU Settlement Scheme: EU, other EEA and Swiss Citizens and their family member” (Version 7.0) which states: Their dependency on the relevant EEA citizen (or qualifying British citizen) or on the spouse or civil partner is assumed and the Applicant is not required to provide evidence of this.”

So technically evidence of dependency is not required, right? Please let me know if I’m wrong!

I would be happy for any help and thank you for taking your time!!

tails of equestria – How to play the mother roc teaching respect in The Curse of the Statuettes

I’m playing Tails of Equestria with my kids, and we’re just about to start the second adventure, “The Curse of the Statuettes”.

During the adventure, the party is going to have to face a mother roc, and impress her with respect.

The text from the book says:

If you don’t think the PCs impress the roc, she will start to treat them like her babies – trying to teach them manners and good behavior, keeping them in the nest until she’s satisfied.

I fully anticipate my kids not quite grasping that they have to demonstrate respect, so I want to be prepared for this eventuality. However, I have no idea how to play this.

I appreciate that I might be teetering on the edge of this being an open ended question, but can anyone give me specific suggestions about what the roc might actually do to try and teach manners to the group?

Bare in mind that the roc cannot speak pony language although she can understand it.

What visa is needed for Indian child of a Filipina mother to visit the Philippines?

Stack Exchange Network

Stack Exchange network consists of 176 Q&A communities including Stack Overflow, the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers.

Visit Stack Exchange

USA couple coming to UK to get married; husband-to-be’s mother lives there

my fiancé and I are coming to the UK to visit his mom. We want to get married while we are there. What do we need to do to be able to get married there?

Obtaining a UK Visitor visa for a disabled student’s mother as live-in assistant

I am from Iran. I am a Master’s student at City university of London. Although my student visa is approved, I am still in my country because I have a physical disability called Cerebral Palsy, and I cannot travel and live alone. I applied for a visitor visa for my mother to come to the UK temporarily and make the required arrangements with a nursing company. However, her visa has been refused yesterday.

Her refusal letter:
refusal letter p. 1
refusal letter p. 2
refusal letter p. 3
How can I arrange for my mother to be able to accompany and help me?

domain – Server mother board down without no backup

Two day ago I had power outage whitch burn my hp ml110 g5 motherboard, after check my hard drive is fine fortunately. Now i want to get back my server and domaine controller and need your advise. Can i buy a hp ml30 g9 and juste replace hard drive trying boot with. Sorry I’m not very good in server administration
Thanks for helps

I’m 16, I’m stuck outside of Australia with an expired Australian passport and my mother is refusing to give me my valid one. What can I do?

My parents are divorced and still in a custody battle over my sister and I so we need signatures from both of them for me to get a passport. We got a passport earlier this year but because my dad isn’t in Australia they couldn’t give it to him so they gave it to my mum. Now she’s refusing to give me my passport. I’ve got recordings of her saying she won’t give it to me. Is there anything I can do to get my passport so I can come back home? I do have an Afghan passport but my Aussie passport and afghan passport are under different names. What can I do? Please help. I want to go home.

dnd 5e – A PC in Curse of Strahd is cursed by Mother Night and eats a dream pastry. What happens?

A PC in Curse of Strahd has the opportunity to be cursed by Mother Night, at which point they are

haunted by horrible dreams every night lasting from dusk until dawn…A creature cursed in this way gains no benefit from finishing a short or long rest at night (resting during the day works normally, since the curse is dormant from dawn to dusk).

On the other hand, a PC who eats a dream pastry

must succeed on a DC 16 Constitution saving throw or fall into a trance that lasts for 1d4 + 4 hours, during which time the creature is incapacitated and has a speed of 0 feet. The trance ends if the affected creature takes any damage or if someone else uses an action to shake the creature out of its stupor.
While in the trance, the creature dreams of being in some joyous place, far removed from the evils of the world.

As luck would have it, one of the PCs in my current CoS campaign has been cursed, although he has not yet slept. He is also the only PC to have previously eaten a dream pastry. If he realizes the effects of the curse and decides to counteract it with a dream pastry, what would happen?

schengen – Belgian mother of a American child, want to travel to USA thru Paris airport, to see her bf/child dad

Good morning,

I’m Belgian, my bf active duty US military, our daughter have dual citizenship, Belgian birth certificate, Birth abroad certificate, US and Belgian passport.
I would travel on ESTA, I need to reapply for it since it expired in April.
To be short we qualify in the exceptions from the White House proclamation of travel ban.

“Sec. 2. Scope of Suspension and Limitation on Entry.
(a) Section 1 of this proclamation shall not apply to:
(iii) any alien who is the parent or legal guardian of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, provided that the U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident is unmarried and under the age of 21;”

I can’t travel to US from Belgium, government forbid travel to USA unless it’s for funerals or caring for a dying family member.
As I wanna take the less risks, I would like to fly from Paris CDG, France to Dallas, Fort Worth, USA, American Airlines have a straight flight.

American Airlines, United Airlines both told me that since I qualify with the White House proclamation exemptions, I would be able to board, if I bring the birth certificate, my bf passport as well as my daughter passport.

CBP confirmed on the phone that I could go to USA straight.

I called Paris Airport, the French Border Police told me that I would have no issue to board if I qualify, problem the Police officer I got on the line didn’t want to send me an email as proof of what he was saying… He didn’t want to give me the PAF email either…

I’m stuck here between, booking for 2.100 € of train and plane tickets and get to the airport with my 2 years and 9 months old and not booking a regret it.
I’m so scared to be denied boarding and have to crush my daughter’s hope of seeing her dad, she is getting excited everytime she see a plane, saying she will go see her dad soon, she is getting excited everytime I pack a small bag, thinking she is going to see her dad.

I really need to find a real answer, does anybody have PAF email address ? Is there any way I can be sure to board that plane ?

Thanks you to anyone who will even read that long ass post.

covid 19 – Extend USA B2 Tourist Visa (for My Mother) stay under COVID19 + Flight ban situation

My Mother (63 yrs) is currently visiting me from India on B2 visa.
Now her I94 is valid till Sept 15 this year (visa is 10 yrs). Due to COVID19 India has flight ban imposed, and till now we dont have dates when the flights are going to resume. So I can see there is an option for requesting stay extension by filing a I539 with documents supported and I131 as I (son) will be her sponsor for stay and all expenses. We are looking for a stay request extension for max couple of months.
Now the questions are –

  1. How long it takes to get a decision (approval or rejection) in such cases ?
  2. What is the best time to file the extension request considering we have still 60+ days till the I94 expire in Sept 15.?
  3. If I file now, and we get rejection of extension of stay (before the current I94 expires), do my mother need to leave immediately or she can stay till the current I94 date (which is Sept 15)?
  4. If we get the rejection after I94 has expired (Sept 15), how many days she will have to leave the country? Does she accrues out of status in this case? and does the B2 visa (10 yrs validity) gets void as well?
  5. Last case – we file extension, we don’t get any decision quickly, but she leaves before getting the decision (approval or rejection, say she leaves at October end). In this case is she good in status, means no out of status and visa void?