I have a questionnaire with 70 questions and need to store the answers.
Problem: this is 100 million records a year.
I've already experimented with different types of storage, but I've never had to deal with these huge numbers. Now, I'm afraid that every bad decision can have a big negative impact.
Information about the data:
- I thought about 1 table with 70 columns
- The columns are already defined and can be adjusted slightly after a certain time (+/- 10 columns)
- The data type of each column is mainly Integer and String with mainly 2 charactersmax. 10 characters.
- No nested structure (tree) needed
- No flexible data type needed
- No join required
- Storage of large data
- Execute standard aggregation functions (avg, min, max, count, …), filter and sort in a acceptable time
Is there better training or a checklist to follow that reduces my options and therefore the wrong decisions?
Thanks in advance!