Is there an established name for visualization and interaction based on mobile views like in Photoshop, Eclipse, Blender, etc.?
I refer to:
- a screen with some global controls
- on which a set of views can be distributed (mainly, tiled, without overlapping)
- views are connected, for example, selection in one determines content in another
- views show different aspects of a (complex) model (such as a development project)
- where the user determines which views are displayed
- views can be resized and moved to their new location
- which allows you to save a certain layout (as a "perspective" – Eclipse terminology)
- Sometimes views can be combined in a tab bar, so only one of a few is visible at any time
- sometimes views can be torn in their own window (possibly on another screen)
So this is not a term for a single control, but rather a "floor plan" of an entire application.