Start date: Wednesday 04-March-2020 02:10 UTC
End date: Tuesday 01-Sep-2020 05:00 UTC
Duration: 5 months
Type of event: Scheduled maintenance
Subject: Event 102779678 – Urgent action required: data center migration announcement
/ Last update /
– From Wednesday March 04, 2020 01:37 UTC
Thank you for your business and your trust in IBM as a valued business partner and cloud provider. We are committed to ensuring your success and prioritizing your experience within our data center infrastructure.
To this end, we have made significant investments in the deployment of new multi-zone data centers and regions (MZR) designed to offer a more resilient architecture with higher levels of network throughput and redundancy.
As part of this modernization strategy, we determined that it was necessary to shut down older datacenters that were not suitable for upgrade, including the decision to shut down the following datacenters on August 31, 2020:
• Seattle01 (SEA01)
• Dallas07 (DAL07)
• Melbourne01 (MEL01)
• Legacy Planet data centers in Houston (H2) and Dallas (D2, D6, D7)
This means that you will have to migrate your workloads to a new IBM installation – but don't worry – you will pay the same price or less than what you pay today for the same configuration or better configuration!
Special offer for you:
We recognize that transferring data centers can be complex and costly, so we offer:
• Two months free on replacement servers or services in our new data centers.
• The same price or a lower price with an identical or better configuration.
• Bare metal to virtual server: migrate to a new IBM virtual server and pay a comparable price with the same configuration or the next available upgrade. This includes a free architectural consultation with advice on recommended configurations to help you transition and maximize the performance of the solution.
• Bare Metal server to Bare Metal: migrate to a new Bare Metal server and pay the same price with the same configuration or the next available upgrade.
• Virtual server to virtual server: for existing virtual servers, pay the same price with the same configuration or the next available upgrade.
• Help with migration. We will help you migrate to your new server at no additional cost.
Your action is necessary.
• Identify the servers / infrastructures impacted. Contact our Client Success team via live chat ###
• Telephone (United States) 866-597 – ###; (EMEA) +31 20 308 ###; (APAC) +65 6622 ###, or via your IBM Cloud Portal: ###
• Migrate your workloads. Workloads running at the above installations must be migrated to one of our new IBM Cloud data centers before August 31, 2020 to avoid service interruptions.
• Cancel your servers after migration. Once the migration to your new servers is complete, be sure to cancel your old servers. Old servers will continue to be billed until canceled.
• No new services. If you need to order new services, contact your IBM Client Success team.
Where can I get more information?
To identify your impacted servers, take advantage of our special offers or learn more about the recommended configurations, contact our IBM 24×7 Client Success team via:
• Live chat ###
• Telephone: (US) 866-597 – ###; (EMEA) +31 20 308 ###; (APAC) +65 6622 ###
• IBM Cloud Docs Datacenter ### migration web page
Thank you again for your continued partnership with IBM. If you have additional questions or want more help during this migration, please let us know.
IBM Cloud, customer success team