There are two routers connected together to Arris TG3442 router:
- TP-Link Archer C2 AC750 (uses 192.168.1.X addressing)
- D-Link DIR-853 (uses 192.168.2.X addressing)
When I use any device in 192.168.1.X network: I can ping any device in 192.168.2.X network including router itself (which sits under 192.168.2.1).
When I do the same opposite then it turns out that any device in 192.168.2.X network can ping any device in 192.168.1.X except router. Any ping to 192.168.1.1 results in connection timeout
- The situation is correct, no error or problem here
- The 192.168.1.1 router is most likely configured to reject ping
- But it allows ping to pass through to any device
- The 192.168.2.1 router is configured to respond to ping and pass it through.
Do I understand this situation correctly?