terminology – HTML elements in XML documents

I’ve been reading the HTML specifciation and I am confused with this line:

The nodes representing HTML elements in the DOM must implement, and
expose to scripts, the interfaces listed for them in the relevant
sections of this specification. This includes HTML elements in XML

What HTML elements have to do with xml documents? Somewhat vague description makes things even more complicated:

To ease migration from HTML to XML, UAs conforming to this
specification will place elements in HTML in the
http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml namespace, at least for the purposes of
the DOM and CSS. The term “HTML elements” refers to any element in
that namespace, even in XML documents.

What kind of migration? Who is UA? What is this http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml namespace? How can URL be a namespace? And again, what HTML elements have to do with XML document?

terminology – Determining correct term for a button with options and Vue JS example

I am familiar with some UI terms but certainly not all. I remember smiling when I figured out what people meant by the term “snackbar” (and have now designed one myself).

However, there is a button which normally has a small-ish triangle to the right. Normally you click the button and a single action happens, however if you specifically click the “small-ish” triangle, you’ll get a dropdown list of options. The default one is typically the one you’d have gotten had you just clicked the main part of the button.

Again, my question is what the normal term is (if there is one). any additional link to a VueJs example would be over the moon.

terminology – What are the ‘foot wraps’ called that many fantasy characters seem to wear

Essentially, what I am trying to find a term for a wrapping of the foot in cloth or leather, which protects the sole, yet leaves the heel, ball, and toe free.

enter image description here

terminology – What is the name of securing an application platform?

I'm looking for the right terminology for this element of cybersecurity.

If I want to secure something like PaaS for other applications, what is it generally called? It's not about application security, because we're talking about the platform, and it's also not quite something like infrastructure security, as I consider the basic infrastructure (hardware, network, etc.) as secure and I just consider the platform as an intermediate layer.

As a practical example:
Consider having an already secure data center (hardware, networks …). On this data center, an OpenShift / Kubernetes container platform is set up, which we want to secure. Again, we are not looking at the microservice applications that use the platform.

I'm having trouble finding the correct terminology for this security feature, as "platform security" seems to speak more about securing hardware platforms like smartphones. Are there other, more appropriate and less misunderstood terms?

What is the terminology for a convex lens on a glass?

An example is a concave microscope slide.
I wonder if the opposite exists instead, so a convex lens that is part of the glass?
Is there a term for having glass around a lens / a lens on glass?
Thank you!

terminology – What are the typical processes of the software engineering discipline?

I am reading the "Software Engineering Knowledge Guide" but I am very confused.

Does a typical process include: implementation and change, definition, evaluation, measurement of processes and products?

Or are these software requirements, design, construction, testing and maintenance? I thought that was the answer to my question but I'm starting to have doubts

terminology – Generic term for measuring the time between the creation of a list by the user and the deletion of this list?

I measure the time between creating a list and deactivating a list for the A / B test and I make inferences about success (for some applications, including the one I'm working on, a shorter the duration of registration is an indication of greater success).

I'm not sure which jargon / terminology is appropriate for the period of time between the creation of a list by a user and when that list is deactivated / deleted?

Currently, I call it & # 39;duration of registration& # 39 ;, or & # 39;days online& # 39; but I coined them to describe the metric – I hope to understand if there is a more generic term / metric used by UX professionals?

terminology – Industry term for "catchy"

I think there is an industrial term for an element or animation that draws attention to another or that is inherently catchy.

for example.

Anyway, my general concern is that the transition to the toolbar
navigation just isn't catchy.

The return to the doc is even less catchy.

terminology – Why the polymorphism linked to F and the quantification linked to F are called, well, linked to F

Wikipedia claims that:

Delimited quantization F or recursively limited quantification,
introduced in 1989, allows more precise entry of functions
are applied to recursive types. A recursive type is one that includes
a function that uses it as a type for an argument or its return

Here is the article Wikipedia refers to, and the bounded quantization F is introduced in this article as follows:

The bounded quantization F is a natural extension of
quantification which seems particularly useful in the context of
recursive types.

My question is – why although it is delimited F, what does "F" mean in this particular context?

terminology – prefix point, prefix point, point prefix, fixed pre-point vs postifx point, post-fixed point, postfixpoint, fixed post-point

The first works (say, the constructive versions of Tarski's fixed point theorems by P. Cousot and R. Cousot) define a prefix point (alternately spelled as prefixed point, fixed pre-point, or prefix) of a card $ f colon X to X $ on a post $ (X, { le}) $ like a point $ x in X $ such as $ x le f (x) $. This use is continued today by the author (s) in, say, http://web.mit.edu/16.399/www/lecture_12-fixpoints2/Cousot_MIT_2005_Course_12_4-1.pdf and by their students. Twice, one suffix point (alternately spelled as postfixed point, post-fixpoint, or postfixpoint) is defined as a point $ x $ satisfactory $ f (x) le x $.
I could imagine that in case $ (X, { le}) $ is a complete network, pre points out that the prefix points are Less greater than or equal to the largest fixed point, and Publish points out that the suffix points are bigger greater than or equal to the lowest fixed point.

However, some authors have reversed it. If I get paraconsistent logic programming from Howard Arden Blair and Venkatramanan Siva Subrahmanian, Basic Category Theory for Computer Scientists from Benjamin Crawford Pierce, or even categories, types and data structures from Andréa Asperti and Giuseppe Longo, then the Usage is exactly the opposite. round: $ x $ is a prefix point so $ f (x) le x $, and $ x $ is a suffix point so $ x le f (x) $. I could imagine that pre underlines here the position of $ f $ to the left of the symbol of inequality, and Publish underlines the position of $ f $ to the right of the symbol of inequality.

There are dozens of research papers supporting either of the two conventions, but, to my knowledge, no early work (say ≤ 1979 for the first convention or ≤ 1987 for the second convention) that may be originally said Why they do so.

That said, are there any ideas as to why the discrepancy arose in the first place, or additional arguments or counter arguments in favor or against a particular naming convention? I hope that the authors of both conventions, whoever they are, have used the naming scheme by intuition and not by ignorance.