My boyfriend is from Australia as part of the VWP. Does his travel plan look correct?

He will stay in the United States for 89 days. He will not have money on him, but will have about 500 in his bank account. His parents also said they could occasionally send money. He will stay with me. He does not have a job in Australia because he just finished his studies and, upon his return, he will participate in the job search program. He also set up the job search program with centerlink and told them how long he would stay. We have been told time and again that border patrol officers rarely asked for proof of support and that if they presented a credit card, it worked normally. Is it the same for a credit card or should he apply for a credit card? Should he say that he stays with friends or say that he will stay with his girlfriend. We are very worried that they are sending it back because they can do it for whatever reason. We want to be fully prepared since the trip is in 6 days.

United States – Does the 90 day VWP rule expire if you are traveling from the United States to Canada?

There is an important distinction between temporarily leaving the United States and leaving permanently, which is at least all that is dictated by your return to your place of residence.

If you are in the United States under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) and you leave the United States for a few weeks to visit Canada (or Mexico) for the purpose of to return to the United States, you are deemed to have left only temporarily. this period, and therefore your 90 days, even if you are out of the country. At the time of the I-94W forms (the green form that you completed when you arrived in the United States), you kept your I-94W in your passport, even when you left the United States.

If you leave the United States to return to your place of residence, you leave permanently. In this case, your VWP period would end when you left the country and, historically, you would have returned your I-94W.

Since you have a work visa to be in Canada, Canada would be your place of residence for the period of this visa. This means that every time you leave the United States, your visit will be deemed to be completed upon your return to your place of residence and will definitely leave the United States – which means that when you return to the United States, United, the VWP clock will be restarted.

In the end, the situation between Canada and Mexico is intended to prevent people from submitting to US visa requirements in Canada / Mexico, which gives them 90 more days on their VWP. If it is clear that it is not what you do, you will have no problem.

Do not forget that to enter the United States under the VWP, you must first get an ESTA.

(Note: the usual provisions apply.) IANAL, but I have entered the US about 40 times on VWP and on Visas, so I know the process pretty well! If you want a definitive answer, contact us. USCIS or contact a qualified immigration officer (lawyer)

American Visa Waiver Program – Adaptation of the status of a US citizen child enrolled in the VWP program

Hello, I am a naturalized citizen. I have a baby who was born out of wedlock in D County before my naturalization. My child has a German passport and entered the United States with me on a VWP / ESTA a month ago. I wish to apply with forms I 130 and I 485, but I am now afraid that he will be expelled. I have enough evidence that he is my son. What are the chances of deporting a baby? Thank you

VWP offenders to be sponsored

If someone violates his visa waiver program and is expelled.
Can he be sponsored to return to the United States?
I think most violators are banned from 3 to 10 years

After a US B2 visa refusal, am I eligible for the ESTA / VWP program under my new British nationality?

I had applied for an American B2 visitor visa in 2014, but I was refused. At that time, I applied with my Filipino passport.

Now I am a British citizen and have a British passport. Am I qualified for the ESTA / VWP program or do I need to apply for a B1 visitor visa again?

I'm traveling in April but I really do not know what to do. I'm afraid I can not qualify for the ESTA.

visas – How would the customs procedures be different for a UK tourist not eligible for VWP entering the United States by land from Canada or by air from the UK?

I am a British citizen and I have just discovered that my great-grandmother is very sick at the hospital. She is an American citizen and has spent most of her life there. I also have extended family members in the United States. My mother and my grandmother will be taking an ESTA flight to the United States from the UK over the next week to visit my great-grandmother.

I also want to see her, but I have some relatively recent criminal convictions (about two or three years ago). Previously, I had never had a criminal record, and I am in my thirties. Without going into details and at the risk of giving the impression of claiming that I acted wrongly, all these convictions (approximately 8) were pronounced within two months because of my personal situation at the time. The offenses include simple assault and a few cases of driving under the influence of drugs.

I have long fulfilled all the conditions of my probation order and I believe that the convictions are now classified as "spent" in the UK; However, I understand that it does not affect the United States.

I am a qualified professional, I have my own home and I have been working full time for a year in a senior executive position. My behavior no longer resembles what he was at the time of these offenses.

After reading some pages of the ESTA website, the CBP website and some .gov links, they recommend not attempting to travel under a visa exemption program via ESTA if you have already arrested, cautioned or sentenced; and instead apply for a visa.

My question is, if I were to enter the United States by car from Canada, would that alleviate some of the usual background checks, et cetera? I would receive an I-94W form. I have read topics on this site and heard rumors coming from people claiming that the customs procedure is much more flexible when entering the United States by road. even to say that a quick passport check was all that was asked of them at the entrance. Is this true? If so, how?

In what other ways would entry by land be different from air entry?

If that is true, are there any boundaries that are particularly lax to this kind of thing? And all those that are strict?