Here is the general information :
- I created and attached standard SSD datadisk on the creation of the ubuntu VM.
- Aplication files were on the datadisk.
- I mounted datadisk following this tutorial except one difference : mounting disk on the $HOME/datadrive/ instead of /datadrive.
- I resized Azure Linux VM size from B1s (1GB RAM) to B1ms (2GB RAM).
- Server is restarted as expected.
- After connecting via shh and listing content of the ~/datadrive, I realized that all the data is lost.
Is it because of the mounting under the home directory?
What should I do to not experience data lost in the disk again?
This is not anwering my question.