usa – Can my husband travel to China with me using his Chilean passport?

My husband has dual citizenship. He has a Chilean passport and a USA passport. His USA passport has expired and they wont issue him one unless he pays his back child support all in full.

My question: Can he travel to China with me for a visit and use his Chilean passport and come back in with that passport without issues?