visas – in case of minor

In the case of a minor (my son is 10 years old), the 1st name is written on the passport and the US visa has a difference of one alphabet. Is it going to travel ??
I have a copy of the Gazette and an affidavit that mentions his name with the old and the new passport no.

That these documents are acceptable for US immigration ??

Thank you.